Oct 24, 2008
DCCC Releases New Ad on Pete Olson Being Investigated for Voter Fraud (TX-22)
The DCCC released a new television advertisement today on Republican candidate Pete Olson (TX-22) being investigated for voter fraud. A Virginia Prosecutor recently opened an investigation into Pete Olson's voter fraud, which was committed when Olson voted in two states in 2003.
"Texas voters deserve to know the truth about Pete Olson's apparent disregard for the law," said Kyra Jennings, Southern Regional Press Secretary for the DCCC. "After turning the page on the corruption of Tom DeLay, the last thing the people of Texas' 22nd District need is Pete Olson, another politician who is under criminal investigation."
The DCCC's new ad on Pete Olson's voter fraud scandal can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNSOvZo3RE
- Pete Olson is Under Investigation for Voter Fraud - Fairfax County, Va., prosecutor Raymond Morrogh has confirmed that his office has received the criminal vote fraud complaint filed against Texas Congressional District 22 GOP challenger Pete Olson, and is conducting an investigation into the charges. [Fort Bend Now, 10/20/08]
- Pete Olson Was Accused of Voter Fraud in Filed Complaint - On October 15, 2008, the Lone Star Project filed a formal complaint with Fairfax County, Virginia prosecutors asking that felony charges be filed against Olson. The Lone State Project said it was seeking a felony criminal indictment of Olson on voter fraud charges. [Associated Press, 10/15/08; Fort Bend Now, 10/15/08]
- Pete Olson voted in Virginia, Connecticut and then back in Virginia within a six month period in 2003:
- Olson Voted in Fairfax County, Virginia in June 2003- According to voter history records, Olson voted in the Republican primary in Fairfax County, VA on June 10, 2003. Olson was registered to vote at his home in Annandale, VA at the time. [Voter History Report, 9/30/08]
- Olson Voted in Newton, Connecticut in August 2003- According to voter history records, Olson voted in a special election in Newtown, CT on August 12, 2003. Olson was registered at his parents' house in Newtown, CT, though his mailing address was listed as "Armed Forces, Newtown, CT." [Connecticut Voter Registration System]
- Olson Voted in Fairfax County, Virginia Again in November 2003 - According to voter history records, Olson voted in the general election on November 4, 2003 in Fairfax County, VA. [Voter History, 9/30/08]